Aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrodare, the olny iprmoetnt tihng is taht the frist and lsatltteer be at the rghit pclae.
The rset can be a total mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit a porbelm.
Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. Hvae a ncie day!
You can apply these guidelines to your daily routine to manage the stress in your life:
1. Know yourself. You worth your own time. The more you know what stresses you, the easier it will be for you to do something about it.
2. Start your day with a positive thought. Often, the mood for the day is dictated by the first thought that we have when we wake up. Make it a positive one. Verbalise this positive thought by sharing it with someone or simply talking to yourself in the mirror. Apply that positive emotion. Smile at somebody in traffic, be friendly at the workplace and say something nice.
3. Believe in youself. Break past your perceived barriers and have confidence in your own abilities.
4. Stretch three times a day. Make time for yourself to relax for a few minutes every hour. You will find that it inables to focus better on the job.
5. Start exercising and slowly attempt to build this into a routine. Exercise triggers the release of chemicals that counter the effects of stress.
6. Stimulate yourself intellectually. Read, learn or start an interesting hobby.
Crosswords and puzzles are also a good way to stimulate the mind.
7. Manage your perceptions. When things seem to be out of cntrol, step back from the situation. Review the situation, look at your options, your reactions and evaluate if this is the best way forward.
8. Accept what you cannot control. You have control over what you say, do and feel. You don't have control over what other people say, do or feel, though you may be able to exert influence.
9. Control what you can control. You don't have to accept the negative effects of stress on your mind and body. You don't have to agree to do everything you are asked to. You don't have to be overcommited or overworked. Nobody else is in charge of your life but you.
10. Stop worrying! Perhaps, but excellent advice. If you find yourself worrying, mentally tell yourself to stop. Do something small that makes you happy instead.
If you find someone else in love with you and you don't love him/her, feel honored that love came and called at your door, but gently refuse the gift you cannot return, do not take advantage, do not cause pain.
How you deal with love is how you deal with you, and all our hearts feel the same pains and joys, even if our lives and ways are different.
If you fall in love with another, and he/she falls in love with you, and then love chooses to leave, do not try to reclaim it or to assess blame, let it go. There is a reason and there is a meaning. You will know in time .
Remember that you don't choose love. Love chooses you. All you can really do is accept it for all its mystery when it comes into your life. Feel the way it fills you to overflowing, then reach out and give it away.
Give it back to the person who brought it alive in you. Give it to others who deem it poor in spirit.
Give it to the world around you in anyway you can.
There is where many lovers go wrong. Having been so long without love, they understand love only as a need. They see their hearts as empty places that will be filled by love, and they begin to look at love as something that flows to them rather than from them.
The first blush of new love is filled to overflowing, but as their love cools, they revert to seeing their love as need. They cease to be someone who generates love and instead become someone who seeks love.
They forget that the secret of love is that it is a gift, and that it can be made to grow only by giving it away.
Remember this, and keep it to your heart. Love has its own time, its own seasons, and its own reason for coming and going. You cannot bribe it or coerce it, or reason it into saying. You can only embrace it when it arrives and give it away when it comes to you. But if it chooses to leave from your heart or from the heart of your lover, there is nothing you can do and there is nothing you should do.
Love always has been and always will be a mystery. Be glad that it came to live for a moment in your life.
Finally?LOVE makes the world go round?.
The world's oldest football is being sent to Germany for the World Cup.
The ball is made from a pig's bladder
The 450-year-old ball will form the centrepiece of an exhibition on the history of the sport.
Staff at its current home in Stirling's Smith Museum are preparing the delicate artefact for its trip to the Museum fur Volkerkunde in Hamburg.
The ball was once the property of Mary Queen of Scots and museum bosses in Germany were keen to display it after deeming it the oldest in existence.
"The Germans have decided, from all the evidence, that our ball is the oldest football in the world and it will be the centrepiece of this huge exhibition," said the Smith Museum's collection manager Michael McGinnes.
The 16th century ball is made from a pig's bladder and the cover constructed from pieces of thick leather, possibly deer, and tightly laced together.
Mr McGinnes added: "We can't prove that Mary Queen of Scots played with the ball but it is of that date."
Mr McGinnes will take the ball on a flight from Prestwick to Lubeck Airport, near Hamburg, in the early hours of Thursday morning.
Once in Germany, the ball will receive a traditional Scots welcome by being piped into the exhibition.
It will remain overseas for the duration of this summer's World Cup and it is expected to be returned home in mid-September.
Could there be a pandemic? Find out how you can be prepared! Will there be a bird flu pandemic? The answer is that nobody knows. But here are a few relevant facts:
- So far, very few avian flu viruses have "crossed the species barrier" and infected humans.
- BUT .. of those that have, the H5N1 strain has caused the largest number of severe cases detected.
- In the current outbreaks in Asia and Europe, around half of those infected have died ...
- ... and most reported cases have been children and young adults.
- So far, the H5N1 virus has hardly spead from person to person ...
- ... BUT all flu viruses can "mutate".
- AND ... scientists are worried that one day it might be able to pass quite easily from one person to another.
- This could lead to a pandemic ...
- And nobody can tell when that might happen!
"Specific mutations and evolution in influenza viruses cannot be predicted, making it difficult if not impossible to know if or when a virus such as H5N1 might acquire the properties needed to spread easily and sustainably among humans."World Health Organization 20 February 2006
In partnership with Nike, Google has introduced Joga.com, an online community for people crazy about football, or soccer as it's known in the U.S. Joga combines Google technology with Nike's unique sports content and access to players and brings people all over the world together to celebrate their shared passion for the game. Joga members can build their own groups and clubs, share all kinds of football-related information, upload photos and video, and organize and give updates on local matches and events. Members keep current with Friend Requests, Alerts, and Messages. And in the coming months, Google and Nike will be bringing out more tools and features to help Joga members embrace their love of football in this global online setting.
By the way, the name comes from the Portuguese phrase "Joga Bonito" or "play beautiful."
Joga - the community for soccer players dedicated to keeping the game beautiful. Joga is a place to meet other soccer players, share your own soccer experiences and enjoy photos and videos from around the world.
Join Now : http://www.joga.com
Source : Google April Newsletter
1) New York City has 11 letters.
2) Afghanistan has 11 letters.
3) Ramsin Yuseb (The terrorist who threatened to Destroy the Twin Towers in 1993 has 11 letters.
4) George W Bush has 11 letters.
This could be a mere coincidence, but this gets more interesting:
1) New York is the 11th state.
2) The first plane crashing against the Twin Towers was flight number 11.
3) Flight 11 was carrying 92 passengers. 9 + 2 = 11
4) Flight 77 which also hit Twin Towers, was carrying 65 passengers. 6+5 = 11
5) The tragedy was on September 11, or 9/11 as it is now known. 9 + 1+ 1 = 11
6) The date is equal to the US emergency services telephone number 911. 9 + 1 + 1 = 11.
Read on and make up your own mind:
1) The total number of victims inside all the hi- jacked planes was 254 which is 2 + 5 + 4 = 11.
2) September 11 is day number 254 of the calendar year. Again 2 + 5 + 4 = 11.
3) The Madrid bombing took place on 3/11/2004. 3 + 1 + 1 + 2 + 4 = 11.
4) The tragedy of Madrid happened 911 days after the Twin Towers incident.
Now this is where things get totally eerie :
The most recognized symbol for the US, after the Stars & Stripes, is the Eagle. The following verse is taken from theQuran, the Islamic holy book:
"For it is written that a son of Arabia would awaken a fearsome Eagle. The wrath of the Eagle would be felt throughout the lands of Allah and lo, while some of the people trembled in despair still more rejoiced: for the wrath of the Eagle cleansed the lands of Allah and there was peace.
"That verse is number 9.11 of the Quran.
Still unconvinced about all of this..?! Try this and see how you feel afterwards:
Open Microsoft Word and do the following:
1. Type in capitals Q33 NY. This is the flight number of the first plane to hit one of the Twin Towers.
2. Highlight the Q33 NY.
3. Change the font size to 48.
4. Change the actual font to the WINGDINGSIt reads...
Ants don't sleep.
Owls have eyeballs that are tubular in shape, because of this, they cannot move their eyes.
A bird requires more food in proportion to its size than a baby or a cat.
The mouse is the most common mammal in the US.
A newborn kangaroo is about 1 inch in length.
A cow gives nearly 200,000 glasses of milk in her lifetime.
The Canary Islands were not named for a bird called a canary. They were named after a breed of large dogs. The Latin name was Canariae insulae - "Island of Dogs."
There are 701 types of pure breed dogs.
A polecat is not a cat. It is a nocturnal European weasel.
Tapeworms range in size from about 0.04 inch to more than 50 feet in length.
A baby bat is called a pup.
German Shepherds bite humans more than any other breed of dog.
A female mackerel lays about 500,000 eggs at one time.
It takes 35 to 65 minks to produce the average mink coat. The numbers for other types of fur coats are: beaver - 15; fox - 15 to 25; ermine - 150; chinchilla - 60 to 100.
The animal responsible for the most human deaths world-wide is the mosquito.
The biggest pig in recorded history was Big Boy of Black Mountain, North Carolina, who was weighed at 1,904 pounds in 1939.
Cats respond most readily to names that end in an "ee" sound.
A cat cannot see directly under its nose. This is why the cat cannot seem to find tidbits on the floor.
Pigs, walruses and light-colored horses can be sunburned.
Snakes are immune to their own poison.
An iguana can stay under water for 28 minutes.
Cats have more than one hundred vocal sounds, while dogs only have about ten.
The biggest member of the cat family is the male lion, which weighs 528 pounds (240 kilograms).
Most lipstick contains fish scales.
Rats multiply so quickly that in 18 months, two rats could have over a million descendants.
Each day in the US, animal shelters are forced to destroy 30,000 dogs and cats.
A shrimp's heart is in their head.
A pregnant goldfish is called a twit.
A cockroach will live nine days without its head, before it starves to death.
The cat lover is an ailurophile, while a cat hater is an ailurophobe.
A woodpecker can peck twenty times a second.
It may take longer than two days for a chick to break out of its shell.
Dragonflies are one of the fastest insects, flying 50 to 60 mph.
Despite man's fear and hatred of the wolf, it has not ever been proved that a non-rabid wolf ever attacked a human.
There are more than 100 million dogs and cats in the United States.
Americans spend more than 5.4 billion dollars on their pets each year.
Cat's urine glows under a black light.
The largest cockroach on record is one measured at 3.81 inches in length.
It is estimated that a single toad may catch and eat as many as 10,000 insects in the course of a summer.
Amphibians eyes come in a variety shapes and sizes. Some even have square or heart-shaped pupils.
It would require an average of 18 hummingbirds to weigh in at 1 ounce.
Dogs that do not tolerate small children well are the St. Bernard, the Old English sheep dog, the Alaskan malamute, the bull terrier, and the toy poodle.
Moles are able to tunnel through 300 feet of earth in a day.
Howler monkeys are the noisiest land animals. Their calls can be heard over 2 miles away.
A quarter of the horses in the US died of a vast virus epidemic in 1872.
The fastest bird is the Spine-tailed swift, clocked at speeds of up to 220 miles per hour. There is no single cat called the panther. The name is commonly applied to the leopard, but it is also used to refer to the puma and the jaguar. A black panther is really a black leopard. A capon is a castrated rooster.
The world's largest rodent is the Capybara. An Amazon water hog that looks like a guinea pig, it can weigh more than 100 pounds.
The poison-arrow frog has enough poison to kill about 2,200 people.
The hummingbird, the loon, the swift, the kingfisher, and the grebe are all birds that cannot walk.
The poisonous copperhead snake smells like fresh cut cucumbers.
A chameleon's tongue is twice the length of its body.
Worker ants may live seven years and the queen may live as long as 15 years.
The blood of mammals is red, the blood of insects is yellow, and the blood of lobsters is blue.
Cheetahs make a chirping sound that is much like a bird's chirp or a dog's yelp. The sound is so an intense, it can be heard a mile away.
The underside of a horse's hoof is called a frog. The frog peels off several times a year with new growth.
The bloodhound is the only animal whose evidence is admissible in an American court. 98% of brown bears in the United States are in Alaska.
Before air conditioning was invented, white cotton slipcovers were put on furniture to keep the air cool.
The Barbie doll has more than 80 careers.
To make one pound of whole milk cheese, 10 pounds of whole milk is needed.
99% of pumpkins that are sold for decoration.
Every 30 seconds a house fire doubles in size.
The month of December is the most popular month for weddings in the Philippines.
A one ounce milk chocolate bar has 6 mg of caffeine.
Carbon monoxide can kill a person in less than 15 minutes.
The largest ever hailstone weighed over 1kg and fell in Bangladesh in 1986.
Ants can live up to 16 years.
In Belgium, there is a museum that is just for strawberries.
The sense of smell of an ant is just as good as a dog's.
Popped popcorn should be stored in the freezer or refrigerator as this way it can stay crunchy for up to three weeks.
Coca-Cola was originally green.
The most common name in the world is Mohammed.
The name of all the continents end with the same letter that they startwith.
The strongest muscle in the body is the tongue.
TYPEWRITER is the longest word that can be made using the letters only onone row ! of the keyboard.
Women blink nearly twice as much as men!!
You can't kill yourself by holding your breath.
It is impossible to lick your elbow.
People say "Bless you" when you sneeze because when you sneeze, your heartstops for a millisecond.
It is physically impossible for pigs to look up into the sky.
The "sixth sick sheik's sixth sheep's sick" is said to be the toughesttongue twister in the English language.
If you sneeze too hard, you can fracture a rib. If you try to suppress asneeze, you can rupture a blood vessel in your head or neck and die.
Each king in a deck of playing cards represents great king from history.Spades - King DavidClubs - Alexander the Great,Hearts - CharlemagneDiamonds - Julius Caesar.
111,111,111 x 111,111,111 = 12,345,678,987,654,321
If a statue of a person in the park on a horse has both front legs in theair, the person died in battle. If the horse has one front leg in the air,the person died as a result of wounds received in battle. If the horse has all four legs on the ground, the person died of natural causes.
What do bullet proof vests, fire escapes, windshield wipers and laserprinters all have in common?Ans. - All invented by women.Question - This is the only food that doesn't spoil. What is this? Ans. - HoneY.A crocodile cannot stick its tongue out.A snail can sleep for three years.All polar bears are left handed.
American Airlines saved $40,000 in 1987 by eliminating one olive from eachsalad served in first-class.
Butterflies taste with their feet.
Elephants are the only animals that can't jump.
In the last 4000 years, no new animals have been domesticated.
On average, people fear spiders more than they do death.
Shakespeare invented the word 'assassination' and 'bump'.
Stewardesses is the longest word typed with only the left hand.
The ant always falls over on its right side when intoxicated.
The electric chair was invented by a dentist.
The human heart creates enough pressure when it pumps out to the body tosquirt blood 30 feet. Wearing headphones for just an hour will increase the bacteria in your earby 700 times.
The cigarette lighter was invented before the match.
Most lipstick contains fish scales.
Like fingerprints, everyone's tongue print is different.
21. Tries to use credit cards in a road side hotel.
20 . Drinks and carries mineral water and always speaks of being health conscious.
19 . Sprays deo so that he doesn't need to take bath.
18. Sneezes and says 'Excuse me'.
17. Says "Hey" instead of "Hi". Says "Yogurt" instead of "Curds". Says "Cab" instead of "Taxi". Says "Candy" instead of "Chocolate". Says "Cookie" instead of "Biscuit". Says " Free Way " instead of "Highway". Says "got to go" instead of "Have to go". Says "Oh" instead of "Zero", (for 704, he will say Seven Oh Four Instead of Seven Zero Four)
16. Doesn't forget to crib about the air pollution. Keeps cribbing every time he steps out.
15. Says all the distances in Miles (Not in Kilo Meters), and counts in Millions. (Not in Lakhs)
14. Tries to figure all the prices in Dollars as far as possible (but deep inside multiplies by 43).
13. Tries to see the % of fat on the cover of a milk pocket.
12. When he needs to say Z (zed), he never says Z (Zed), instead repeats "Zee" several times, and if the other person is unable to get it, then says X, Y Zee(but never says Zed)
11 . Writes the date in MM/DD/YYYY. On watching traditional DD/MM/YYYY, says "Oh! British Style!!!!"
10. Makes fun of Indian Standard Time and the Indian Road Conditions.
9. Even after 2 months, complaints about "Jet Lag".
8 . Avoids eating spicy food.
7. Tries to drink "Diet Coke", instead of Normal Coke. Eats Pizza instead of Dosa.
6. Tries to complain about any thing in India as if he is experiencing it for the first time. Asks questions etc. about India as though its his first visit to India .
5. Pronounces "schedule" as "skejule", and "module" as "mojule".
4. Looks suspiciously towards any Hotel/Dhaba food. Few more important ones:
3. From the luggage bag, does not remove the stickers of the Airways by which he traveled back to India , even after 4 months of arrival.
2. Takes the cabin luggage bag to short visits in India and tries to roll the bag on Indian Roads. The Ultimate one
1. Tries to begin any conversation with "In US ...." or "When I was in US..."
* Drive to work in reverse.
* Dance naked in front of your pets.
* Use your Mastercard to pay your Visa bill.
* Make a list of things you have already done.
* Pop some popcorn without putting the lid on.
* Find out what a frog in a blender really looks like.
* Bill your doctor for the time you spent in his waiting room.
* Jam tiny marshmallows up your nose and try to sneeze them out.
* Read the dictionary backwards and look for subliminal messages.
* When someone says "Have a nice day!" tell them you have other plans.
* Start a nasty rumor and see if you recognize it when it gets back to you.
* Go shopping and buy everything. Sweat in them. Return them the next day.
* Thumb through the National Geographic and draw underwear on the natives.
* Put your toddlers clothes on backward and send her off to preschool as if nothing is wrong.
* Get a box of condoms then wait in line at the checkout counter and ask a cashier where the fitting rooms are.
* Take shopping carts for the express purpose of filling them and stranding them at strategic locations.
* Get boxes of condoms and randomly put them in peoples carts when they don't realize it.
* Set all the alarm clocks to go off at ten minute intervals throughout the day.
* Run up to an employee (preferably a male) while squeezing your legs together and practically yell at him "Where are your tampons?"
* Try on bras over top of your clothes.
* Make a trail of orange juice on the ground, leading to the restroom.
* While walking around the store, sing in your loudest voice possible I" smell sex and candy!"
* Walk up to an employee and tell him in an official tone, "I think we've got a Code 3 in housewares," and see what happens.
* Tune all the radios to a polka station; then turn them all off and turn the volumes to "10."
* Challenge other customers to duels with tubes of gift wrap.
* Re-dress the mannequins as you see fit.
* Test the fishing rods and see what you can "catch" from the other aisles.
* Put M&M's on layaway.
* Move "Caution: Wet Floor" signs to carpeted areas.
* Set up a tent in the camping department; tell others you'll only invite them in if they bring pillows from Bed and Bath.
* Contaminate the entire auto department by sampling all the spray air fresheners.
* Nonchalantly "test" the brushes and combs in Cosmetics.
* When someone asks if you need help, begin to cry and ask, "Why won't you people just leave me alone?"
* Look right into the security camera, and use it as a mirror while you pick your nose.
* Take up an entire aisle in Toys by setting up a full scale battlefield with G.I. Joes vs. the X-Men.
* Ask other customers if they have any Grey Poupon.
* While handling guns in the hunting department, suddenly ask the clerk if he knows where the anti-depressants are.
* Switch the men's and women's signs on the doors of the restroom.
* Dart around suspiciously while humming the theme from "Mission Impossible."
* Set up a "Valet Parking" sign in front of the store.
* In the auto department, practice your "Madonna" look with various funnels.
* Hide in the clothing racks and when people browse through, say things like "Pick me!! Pick me!!" and scare them into believing that the clothes are talking to them.
* When an announcement comes over the loudspeaker, assume the fetal position and scream, "No, no! It's those voices again!"
* Go to an empty checkout stand and try to check people out.
* Drag a lounge chair on display over to the magazines and relax. If the store has a food court, buy a soft drink; explain that you don't get out much, and ask if they can put a little umbrella in it.
* Go into the dressing room and yell real loud..."Hey, were out of toilet paper in here!"
Amazing Marzipan Babies : Thought you'd be as fascinated with these as I was. These are made with marzipan (almond paste and egg white)....... really unbelievable! While some of the faces may look "crafted" r! ather than "real", every detail is amazing, and the rest looks VERY real. And whats more.... you could eat them (not that you would!).
If your father is a poor man,it is your fate but,if your father-in-law is a poor man, it's your stupidity.
I was born intelligent - education ruined me.
Practice makes perfect.....But nobody's perfect......so why practice?
If it's true that we are here to help others,then what exactly are the others here for?
Since light travels faster than sound, people appear bright until you hear them speak.
Money is not everything.There's Mastercard & Visa.
One should love animals.They are so tasty.
Every man should marry. After all, happiness is not the only thing inlife.
The wise never marry.and when they marry they become otherwise.
Success is a relative term. It brings so many relatives.
"Your future depends on your dreams" So go to sleep
There should be a better way to start a dayThan waking up every morning
"Hard work never killed anybody"But why take the risk
"Work fascinates me"I can look at it for hours
God made relatives;Thank God we can choose our friends.
The more you learn, the more you know, The more you know, the more you forgetThe more you forget, the less you know So.. why learn.
A bus station is where a bus stops.
A train station is where a train stops.
On my desk, I have a work station.... what more can I say........
- Some Amazing Facts About Blood
- An adult body contains 10-12 pints of blood.
- It takes about 6-10 minutes to donate a pint of blood and 24 hours for your body to replace the blood fluid volume. The red cells may take up to two months for full restoration.
- One unit of blood can be separated into components and used to treat up to three patients.
Whole blood has a shelf-life of 35 days. Red blood cells last 42 days, platelets only five days and plasma up to one year.
- The most common blood type is O positive 38% of the population. The rarest blood is AB negative 1%
- An average healthy person will be eligible to give blood more than 330 times in his or her lifetime.
- Less than 5% of the general population donates blood and yet the majority of people will have at least one family member who will require at least one blood transfusion in their lifetime.
Almost 40% of the population has O+ blood
Patients with Type O blood must receive Type O blood
About half of all blood ordered by hospitals in our area is Type O
Type O blood is the universal blood type and is the only blood type that can be transfused to patients with other blood types
Only about 7% of all people have Type O negative blood
Type O negative blood is the preferred type for accident victims and babies needing exchange transfusions
There is always a need for Type O donors because their blood may be transfused to a person of any blood type in an emergency.
*There would be 10 times as many people in the ship
*There would be a song with Kate Winslett in a white sari, singing in the rain.
*By the end of the movie, hero would find his long lost Mom, Dad, sis and bhai
*It would be a seven-and-a-half-hour movie with three intervals. The movie would be called "Pyar Kiya to Marna Kya?"
*The hero and the heroine would float in the cold water for days and still survive while the villain would die in the first few drops.
*The iceberg was sent by the heroine's father to teach a lesson to the hero.
*The orchestra would play Jai Santoshi Maa and a ray of light would come and transport the musicians to another ship.
*And can you imagine how many times we would hear bachaoo?
10. "They told me at the Blood Bank this might happen."
9. "This is just a 15 minute power nap they raved about in the time management course you sent to me ."
8. "Whew! Guess I left the top off the Whiteout. You probably got here just in time."
7. "I wasn't sleeping! I was meditating on the mission statement and envisioning a new business strategy."
6. "I was testing my keyboard for drool resistance."
5. "I was doing a highly specific Yoga exercise to relieve work-related stress. Are you discriminatory toward people who practice Yoga?"
4. "Why did you interrupt me? I had almost figured out how to handle that big accounting problem."
3. "Did you ever notice sound coming out of these keyboards when you put your ear down real close?"
2. "Who put decaf in the wrong pot?"
1. [Raise head slowly and say], "...in Jesus name, Amen."
Aries: For starters, Arians think they are sosweet,they could not havepossibly said or done things that need an apology. Soin the unlikely possibility of them actually goingdown their knees to apologise, it will be a simplesorry.Nothing less, nothing more.
Taurus: They are so scared to face others when theymake a mistake that by the time they resurface totender an apology, the damage is done. So Taurans endup making foes out of friends because of their laxityinapologizing.
Gemini : Geminis think they are infallible andtherefore will never really apologise for anything.But once they realize, they prefer to act as ifnothing happened, and behave normally with people whohave a problem rather than remind others of theincident by tendering an apology.
Cancer : Cancerians will make you feel sorry fordemanding one when they make a mistake. They are thelegendary characters that burn hands and slash theirfingers! in order to display the quantum of theirrepentance. Their repentance is dangerous.
Leo: Leos are a delightful bunch even when they aretrying to make up for their follies. They will go downtheir knees, buy flowers, put up sorry posters.. doeverything colorful to flatter you and make up fortheir mistakes. In fact it's fun to induce them tomake a mistake and let them apologize for it.
Virgo: Virgos will first formally set aside a time anddate and informthem what they want to tell you. Then they will mentally preparethemselves to talk out the same things. They willfinally draft thescript and read out whatever they want to. In short,even their heartfelt apologies sound like well-draftedscripts.
Libra: They are very vocal once they realize theirfolly. They never ever hesitate to come clean andadmit their mistakes. In fact, they will go out oftheir way to convince you about how genuinely sorrythey are.
Scorpio: Scorpios are formal and think that tenderingan apology is more of a formality. So instead of justsaying sorry, they will send a formal mail or send acard, whatever it takes to avoid direct confrontation.
Sagittarius: Sagittarians don't believe in being sorryor apologizing. For them, it is human to err andtherefore saying sorry is just redundant.Interestingly, even if others make mistakes, they arepretty cool and don't expect much from them.
Capricorn: They can't take a simple sorry. They needreasons,explanations, written letters and the works toget elicit an 'ok, you may go now' phrase. They arehard to please and even harderto appease.
Aquarius: They are sweet, genuine and innovative whenthey think they are wrong and need to undo thedamage.Aquarians are easy on their mistakes and don'ttake too much time to do their sorrying.
Pisces: Pisceans don't easily give in because theybelieve that everything is about perspective. So ifsomebody thinks they made a mistake! , it's becausethey have a wonky perspective. Pisceans and apologies?No chance....
One hand on steering wheel, one hand on horn- Japan
One hand on steering wheel, one hand on newspaper, foot solidly on accelerator...- Boston
Both hands on steering wheel, eyes shut, both feet on brake, quivering in terror- New York
Both hands in air, gesturing, both feet on accelerator, head turned to talk to someone in back seat - Italy
One hand on horn,
one hand on holding gear,
one ear listening to loud music,
one ear on cell phone,
one foot on accelerator,
one foot on clutch,
nothing on break,
eyes on females in next car,
- Its happend only in INDIA!!!!!!!!
A - Absolutely adore each other
B - Be best friends
C - Compromise
D - Discover new things together
E - Encourage each other
F - Forgive and forget
G - Gaze into each others eyes
H - Hold hands and hug a lot
I - Inspire and intrigue each other
J - Joke and laugh and have fun
K - Kiss Kiss Kiss ;-)
L - Love with all your hearts
M - Marvel at each other's talents
N - Nuture each other's soul
O - Overcome problem together
P - Play games
Q - Quiet each other's fears
R - Remember the little things
S - Say "I love you" everyday
T - Take time for tenderness
U - Understand and care deeply
V - Value everything you share
W - Wish on stars together
X - X-press your true feelings
Y - Yearn for each other's touch
Z - Zzzzz in each other's arm
A. Yet Another Hierarchy of Officious Oracle
Q) What is the expansion of ADIDAS?
A. ADIDAS- All Day I Dream About Sports
Q) Expansion of Star as in Star TV Network?
A. Satellite Television Asian Region
Q) What is expansion of "ICICI?"
A. Industrial Credit and Investments Corporation of India
Q) What does "baker's dozen" signify?
A baker's dozen consists of 13 items - 1 more than the items in a normaldozen
Q) The 1984-85 season. 2nd ODI between India and Pakistan at Sialkot- India210/3 with Vengsarkar 94*. Match abandoned. Why?
A. That match was abandoned after ppl heard the news of indira gandhi beingkilled.
Q) Who is the only man to have written the National Anthems for twodifferent countries?
A. Rabindranath Tagore who wrote national anthem for two differentcountries one is our 's National anthem and another one is forBangladesh-(Amar Sonar Bangla)
Q) From what four word ex-pression does the word `goodbye` derive?
A. Goodbye comes from the ex-pression: 'god be with you'.
Q) How was Agnes Gonxha Bojaxhiu better known?
A. Agnes Gonxha Bojaxhiu is none other Mother Teresa.
Q)Name the only other country to have got independence on Aug 15th?
A. South Korea.
Q)Why was James Bond Associated with the Number 007?
A. Because 007 is the ISD code for Russia (or the USSR, as it was knownduring the cold war)
Q)Who faced the first ball in the first ever One day match?
A. Geoffrey Boycott
Q)Which cricketer played for South Africa before it was banned frominternational cricket and later represented Zimbabwe?
A. John Traicos
Q)The faces of which four Presidents are carved at Mt.Rushmore?
A. George Washington, Thomas Jefferson, Theodore Roosevelt, and AbrahamLincoln
Q)Which is the only country that is surrounded from all sides by only onecountry (other than Vatican)?
A. Lesotho surrounded from all sides by South Africa.
Q)Which is the only sport which is not allowed to play left handed?
2. You're allowed 10 personal phone calls a day.
3. You don't feel good?? Take the rest of the week off with pay.
4. Sure we can afford that $3000 ergonomically correct chair for you!
5. Look, I gotta make this meeting quick so I can get back and answer the phones.
6. You're late again!! Why don't we change our starting hour to 9:23.
7. Since it's so nice outside, let's work out there.
8. If you need gas money just take it out of petty cash.
9. Your car broke down?? I will buy you a new company car.
10. I'm going to promote you because I like you.
Bananas Facts: Containing three natural sugars - sucrose, fructose and glucose combined with fiber, a banana gives an instant, sustained and substantial boost of energy. Research has proven that just two bananas provide enough energy for a strenuous 90-minute workout. No wonder the banana is the number one fruit with the world's leading athletes. But energy isn't the only way a banana can help us keep fit. It can also help overcome or prevent a substantial number of illnesses and conditions, making it a must to add to our daily diet.
Depression: According to a recent survey undertaken by MIND amongst people suffering from depression, many felt much better after eating a banana. This is because bananas contain tryptophan, a type of protein that the body converts into serotonin, known to make you relax, improve your mood and generally make you feel happier.PMS: Forget the pills -- eat a banana. The vitamin B6 it contains regulates blood glucose levels, which can affect your mood.
Anemia: High in iron, bananas can stimulate the production of hemoglobin in the blood and so helps in cases of anemia.
Blood Pressure: This unique tropical fruit is extremely high in potassium yet low in salt, making it the perfect way to beat blood pressure. So much so, the US Food and Drug Administration has just allowed the banana industry to make official claims for the fruit's ability to reduce the risk of blood pressure and stroke.
Brain Power: 200 students at a Twickenham (Middlesex) school were helped through their exams this year by eating bananas at breakfast, break, and lunch in a bid to boost their brain power. Research has shown that the potassium-packed fruit can assist learning by making pupils more alert.
Constipation: High in fiber, including bananas in the diet can help restore normal bowel action, helping to overcome the problem without resorting to laxatives.
Hangovers: One of the quickest ways of curing a hangover is to make a banana milkshake, sweetened with honey. The banana calms the stomach and, with the help of the honey, builds up depleted blood sugar levels, while the milk soothes and re-hydrates your system.
Heartburn: Bananas have a natural antacid effect in the body, so if you suffer from heartburn, try eating a banana for soothing relief. Morning Sickness: Snacking on bananas between meals helps to keep blood sugar levels up and avoid morning sickness.
Mosquito bites: Before reaching for the insect bite cream, try rubbing the affected area with the inside of a banana skin. Many people find it amazingly successful at reducing swelling and irritation.
Nerves: Bananas are high in B vitamins that help calm the nervous system.
Overweight and at work: Studies at the Institute of Psychology in Austria found pressure at work leads to gorging on comfort food like chocolate and crisps. Looking at 5,000 hospital patients, researchers found the most obese were more likely to be in high-pressure jobs. The report concluded that, to avoid panic-induced food cravings, we need to control our blood sugar levels by snacking on high carbohydrate foods every two hours to keep levels steady.
Ulcers: The banana is used as the dietary food against intestinal disorders because of its soft texture and smoothness. It is the only raw fruit that can be eaten without distress in over-chronicler cases. It also neutralizes over-acidity and reduces irritation by coating the lining of the stomach.
Temperature control: Many other cultures see bananas as a "cooling" fruit that can lower both the physical and emotional temperature of expectant mothers. In Thailand, for example, pregnant women eat bananas to ensure their baby is born with a cool temperature Seasonal Affective Disorder (SAD): Bananas can help SAD sufferers because they contain the natural mood enhancer tryptophan.
Smoking: Bananas can also help people trying to give up smoking. The B6, B12 they contain, as well as the potassium and magnesium found in them, help the body recover from the effects of nicotine withdrawal.
Stress: Potassium is a vital mineral, which helps normalize the heartbeat, sends oxygen to the brain and regulates your body's water balance. When we are stressed, our metabolic rate rises, thereby reducing our potassium levels. These can be rebalanced with the help of a high-potassium banana snack.
Strokes: According to research in "The New England Journal of Medicine, "eating bananas as part of a regular diet can cut the risk of death by strokes by as much as 40%!
So, a banana really is a natural remedy for many ills. When you compare it to an apple, it has four times the protein, twice the carbohydrates, three times the phosphorus, five times the vitamin A and iron, and twice the other vitamins and minerals. It is also rich in potassium and is one of the best value foods around. So maybe its time to change that well-known phrase so that we say, "A banana a day keeps the doctor away!"
So Dear Friends from tomorrow onwards buy one dozen of bananas and have it in intervals !!!!!!!!
This Advertisement for the new Honda Accord was shot in real time with no CGI involved in the sequence. It required 606 takes and cost $6 million to shoot and took 3 months to complete.
The equipment was so precisely set up that the crew literally had to tip toe around the set for fear of disturbing things, which led to some unexpected problems. "As the day went on, the studio would get hotter," says Steiner. "It meant that the wood would expand and the cog or exhaust that spins around would move slightly faster." These tiny changes made big differences to the precision set-up of the equipment
The sequence where the tires roll up a slope looks particularly impressive but is very simple. Steiner says that there is a weight in each tire and when the tire is knocked, the weight is displaced and in an attempt to rebalance itself, the tire rolls up the slope
Credits:Director: Antoine Bardou-Jacquet
Production Company: Partizan Midi Minuit
Agency: Wieden & Kennedy
Agency Producer: Rob Steiner
Agency Creatives: Matt Gooden & Ben Walker
Post Production: The Mill Producer: Fi Kilroe Flame: Barnsley Flame Assistant: Dave Birkill
Yahaya Wahab said he disconnected his late father's phone line in January after he died and settled the 84 ringgit ($23) bill, the New Straits Times reported.
But Telekom Malaysia later sent him a 806,400,000,000,000.01 ringgit ($218 trillion) bill for recent telephone calls along with orders to settle within 10 days or face legal proceedings, the newspaper reported.
It wasn't clear whether the bill was a mistake, or if Yahaya's father's phone line was used illegally after his death.
"If the company wants to seek legal action as mentioned in the letter, I'm ready to face it," the paper quoted Yahaya as saying. "In fact, I can't wait to face it," he said.
Yahaya, from northern Kedah state, received a notice from the company's debt-collection agency in early April, the paper said. Yahaya said he nearly fainted when he saw the new bill.
Government-linked Telekom Malaysia is the country's largest telecommunications company.
A company official, who declined to be identified as she was not authorized to speak to the media, said Telekom Malaysia was aware of Yahaya's case and would address it. She did not provide further details.
source : telecomasia.net
Spain's El Bulli toppled Britain's Fat Duck as the world's best restaurant in a poll published Tuesday.
The eclectic menu at El Bulli in Gerona, including delicacies such as foie gras with ice cream, curried favor with the 560 international food critics who compile Restaurant magazine's list of the world's top 50 restaurants.
The Fat Duck, where self-taught chef Heston Blumenthal serves snail porridge and grain mustard ice cream, was the only British restaurant in the top 10.
French eateries dominated the top 50 list, with 10 entries, while the number of British top 50 entries fell to six from 14 last year.
"Taking the list as a whole, it's the French who have conquered the globe," Restaurant magazine said in a statement.
The French Laundry, in California's Napa valley, came top in the Americas, while Tetsuya's, in Sydney, was voted best restaurant in Australasia.
Located on a stretch of coastline north of Barcelona, El Bulli is open just six months of the year and is fully booked for 2006.
Like Blumenthal, Barcelona-born chef Ferran Adria's food is considered part of the "molecular gastronomy" school, an experimental approach to cooking.
El Bulli's food is served up as a tasting menu made up of some 20 small courses.
Last year the menu included omelette surprise, melon caviar with passion fruit and mint and parmesan marshmallow.
To allay concerns that the London-based magazine's list was too UK-centric, Restaurant this year appointed panels in 20 regions from different parts of the world, each chaired by a judge.
The top 10 world restaurants, according to the survey, are:
1 - El Bulli, Spain
2 - The Fat Duck, UK
3 - Pierre Gagnaire, France
4 - French Laundry, United States
5 - Tetsuya's, Australia
6 - Bras, France
7 - Restaurant Le Louis XV, Monaco
8 - Per Se, United States
9 - Restaurante Arzak, Spain
10- Mugaritz, Spain
Sportswear giant Adidas is facing complaints over a new trainer that some say features a racist cartoon image.
The offending footwear includes a yellow picture of an Asian youth with bowl-cut hair, pig nose and buck teeth.
Asian-American groups have complained that the picture on the shoe's tongue portrays an anti-Asian stereotype.
Adidas said it had intended no offence. The image was designed by US graffiti artist Barry McGee who has previously used it in an anti-racist commentary.
The overall trainer was designed for German-based Adidas by US clothing firm Huf.
An Adidas spokeswoman told the San Jose Mercury News that the company "appreciates all self-expression" and "had no intention of offending any individual or group".
Produced in a limited run of 1,000 pairs, the Adidas "Yellow Series Y1 Huf" shoe retails at $250 (£143).
"It's very sad and disturbing that in this day and age, this stereotype is coming from a large and global company like Adidas," said Vincent Pan, executive director of Chinese for Affirmative Action in San Francisco.
The trainer has also been criticised in internet discussion rooms.
Huf owner Keith Hufnagel dismissed the accusations of racism as "internet garbage".
"They should do their studying before they say anything," he added, referring to the image's previous anti-racist use.
Yet Aimee Baldillo of the Asian American Justice Centre argued that "slapping a Chinese face on a sneaker removes it from that context".
She added that the centre had received a number of complaints.
Photo and News source : BBC.co.uk
I get up at 6 a.m.,no matter what time it is.
Every man wants a wife who is beautiful, understanding, economical, and agoodcook. But the law allows only one wife.
Marriages are made in heaven.But so again, are thunder and lightning.
One woman's hobby is another woman's hubby.
The easiest way to make your old car run better,is to check the prices of a new car.
It's what people don't know about each otherthat makes them such good friends.
If you can't get a lawyer who knows the law,get one who knows the judge.
A man owes his success to his first wife;and his second wife to his success.
I recently read that love is entirely a matter of chemistry.That must be why my wife treats me like toxic waste.
A man is incomplete until he is married. After that, he is finished.
I'm an excellent housekeeper.Every time I get a divorce, I keep the house.
When a man steals your wife,there is no better revenge than to let him keep her.
Marriage is like a cage;those outside are desperate to get in, and those inside desperate to get out.
By all means marry.If you get a good wife, you'll be happy.If you get a bad one, you'll become a philosopher... and that is a good thing for any man.
Marriage is when a man and woman become as one;the trouble starts when they try to decide which one.
Before marriage, a man yearns for the woman he loves.After marriage,the 'Y'becomes silent.
Do not marry a person that you know that you can live with;only marry someone that you cannot live without.
I had some words with my wife, and she had some paragraphs with me.
1. The sport of choice for the urban poor is BASKETBALL.
2. The sport of choice for maintenance level employees is BOWLING
3. The sport of choice for front-line workers is FOOTBALL.
4. The sport of choice for supervisors is BASEBALL.
5. The sport of choice for middle management is TENNIS.
6. The sport of choice for corporate executives and officers is GOLF.
THE AMAZING CONCLUSION:
The higher you go in the corporate structure, the smaller your balls become.
Date of Birth Group
You consider love as the most beautiful thing and you love to fall in love, but a number of your group members think that the person they love is not sincere with them.
You love to be with your friends and you are always found to be a dutiful friend.
You can hardly control your patients, which is a very big drawback of your nature.
The Person who is ruling your mind & heart these days is perfect for you.
Your dreams and ambitions are much important for you and you can do everything to fulfill your dreams. Love is much valuable in your life but you always search for someone perfect. You hardly trust someone.
Your friends are really important for you but normally you hide a lot from them.
You are a deep thinker you always study the negative view as well as positive.
You can lead a happy life with a person for whom you care a lot these days.
You always prefer mantel decisions more then emotional ones due to this you don't have a limited number of friends. You consider life a very beautiful gift and you love to enjoy its colors. There are a number of peoples who are your ideals and you loved to spend a big part of your time with them. You are found to be a very sincere lover.
You have a perfect control on your emotions but sometimes your decisions really effect your beloveds.
The person who has just appeared in your mind and you has decided to forward this mail especially to him/her is your real and special friend.
Your always have goals to achieve and you can do everything to fulfill the dreams of those who loves you.
You have a sketch of an ideal in your mind and you always search for that personality.
Your friends means a lot to you and you can do everything for the sake of your friend, you a normally found to be an emotional personality.
You have a very less control on your patients and due to this sometimes you over react.
The one who sent you this mail & the one to whom you will send this mail first are your real friends.
You are found to be a person who loves to love. You prefer emotional decision more then mantel decisions. You consider life just to enjoy; you are the one who is perfect to call FLURTIES. You love to increase the list of your friends and beloved's. You have a number of dreams but you never work hard to make your dreams come true which is the biggest drawback in your nature you take everything much lightly. With in 7 days you will meet a person whom you have never met before that is the person ideal for you.