Pages

Jyoti Amge, Shortest Living Teenager in The World, Limca Book of Records 2011

World's shortest living teenager set Limca Book of Records 2011 by Indian teen Jyoti Amge. At age 17, Jyoti Amge stands just 2 feet tall, but she could have some big shoes to fill.

Amge, who is already recognized by Guinness World Records as the world's shortest living teenager and in the Limca Book of Records as the "Shortest Girl" is poised to become the world's shortest living woman, so long as she doesn't grow more than 4.3 inches in the next 360 days.

The Indian teen dreams of finding fame as an actress in movies, but she'll likely first find fame when she's measured shortly after her 18th birthday on Dec. 15, 2011.

Amge was last measured by Guinness officials at a height of about 24.3 inches -- significantly shorter than current world record holder Elif Kocaman of Turkey, who stands about 28.6 inches.

Despite her short stature, Amge says she's an ordinary teenager.

"I am proud of being small. I love the attention I get," she told the Sunday Mirror. "I'm just the same as other people. I eat like you, I dream like you. I don't feel different."

So far, her height hasn't stood in her way. Like normal teenagers in the city of Nagpur, Amge goes to school and likes spending her time listening to music and shopping.

"When I first went to school, everyone was so big I used to get scared but I'm OK now, I like it," she told the Daily Mail. "I have a different desk and chair that were made for me. I'm a normal student."

Amge has a form of dwarfism called achondroplasia, which researchers believe occurs in just one out of every 25,000 births, according to Fox News.
http://www.amazingworldrecordsnews.com/2011/01/jyoti-amge-shortest-living-teenager-in.html

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails