Pages

Over 1 Lakh Kidney Stones Removed From Single Kidney Guinness World Record by Dr. Ashish Rawandale-Patil

Dr Ashish Rawandale-Patil, urologist from Dhule, Maharashtra, India has got place in Guinness Book of World Records for removing a record number of 172,155 kidney stones from a single kidney.

Doctor, Ashish removed the stones from a single kidney of his patient Dhanraj Wadile on 8 December last year at the Institute of Urology at Dhule.

Before approaching Doctor Mr.Wadile Owner of a betel shop, 45 from Shahada town was suffering the pains for six months.

Rawandale-Patil said, "Wadile was suffering from severe lower abdominal pain. He had consulted many doctors and was on medication for months but could not get relief. We found Wadile had Pelvi-Ureteric Junction obstruction of the left kidney".

Rawandale-Patil determined to post the patient for surgery. After getting medical fitness of the patient, then he made a detailed plan of surgery as the patient was observed to be having large number of renal stones.

Rawandale-Patil told, "The doctors who helped me operate upon Wadile could not believe the number of stones we removed after the surgery that lasted for four hours".

The stones were mainly made up of calcium oxalate and calcium phosphate and were one millimetre to 2.5 cm big.

Dr Ashish stated that getting the exact count of the stones was going to be another major job. I decided to call for a diamond worker, who regularly counts and verifies diamonds and teamed him up with one of my doctors.

Dr Said that it took three hours a day for a month to finish counting the stones.

The doctor said "I then wrote to the Guinness Book of World Records and they asked me to send the stones and related documents. They verified it and wrote back to me in October telling me that I have made a record". He added that I got the hard copy of the certificate only a couple of days back.

"This is an important milestone for me and my institute. It is the combined effort of my team that could take this small town to an international level", said Rawandale-Patil.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails