Pages

World's Oldest dance school graduate

LTHAM, UK -- Frederick Salter, a 99-year-old war hero and retired engineer, began regularly attending classes at Dance 2 Dawn, a dancing school in Eltham and has been awarded his Gold Bar after taking exams in ballroom and latin - setting the new world record for the Oldest dance school graduate.

The World's Oldest dance school graduate said: “People have told me ‘you’re a star now mate’.” Mr Salter, who says he has 30 grandchildren, added: “I love everything about it - there are people of all ages doing it. “I’ve been a fit man all my life but this keeps me in good shape. My doctor says its really good exercise for me.”

Frederick Salter began regularly attending classes at Dance 2 Dawn, a dancing school in Eltham, after his wife Amy passed away 11 years ago.

The Oldest dance school graduate in The World explained: “When I lost my wife my grandchildren said ‘you mustn’t stay indoors - you’re going down and down.’ “I found Dawn’s dance school and my first dance was the quick step. After that I’ve never looked back.”

A retired engineer, Mr Salter fought in the Second World War for the Scots Guards, achieving the rank of Corporal and ending the conflict in northern Italy. Now, despite a recent stroke, Mr Salter has been awarded his Gold Bar after taking exams in ballroom and latin.

Guinness World Records previously recognized a 94-year-old as the Oldest dance school graduate.

Dawn Armitage, who runs the dance school, said: “Everyone thinks he’s great. They call him granddad but he’s fit as a fiddle.”

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails