Pages

Tall Tales: World's Tallest Man

The great thing about record holders is there's only one at any given time... so if you're the "most" anything, you're truly one of a kind.

Take Sultan Kösen, for example -- he was 8-foot-1 when I met him earlier this year and already the tallest man in the world by far.

And now, he's even taller -- he's reached 8-foot-4 and is undergoing radiation treatments to try to stop or slow the growing.

Kosen is one of the stars of the latest edition of one of my favorite books, Guinness World Records 2011.

I'll meet some of Sultan's fellow record-holders tomorrow, when the world's tallest dog and shortest dog meet here in New York.

And since I'll never be mistaken for the world's tallest man, I'll have to avoid wearing red... so I'm not mistaken for a fire hydrant.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails