Pages

13 year old boy set longest slam dunk world record

Jordan Ramos, from Sheffield, managed to break the Guinness world record by bouncing from a trampoline, flying seven metres through the air and slam dunking a ball into a basketball net that stood 10ft high.

The previous title-holder is a Japanese sportsman who is twice Jordan's age who managed a slam dunk from 6.30 metres.

Although Jordan spends a lot of time training, he still works hard at school, according to his mum, who told Sky News: "I am so proud of Jordan - he's a grounded kid and keeps on top of his homework as well as all his training."

In fact, Jordan's whole family eats healthily and is extremely sporty. Dad Marcelo is a stuntman, his mum Anita is an acrobat and his six-year-old brother Samuel is being touted as a future Olympian.

Jordan is also an Elite tumbling gymnast who represents Great Britain and trains at the prestigious Wakefield Gymnastic Club.

Jordan's amazing world record was featuring on "Guinness World Records Smashed" on Sky 1 on Sunday.

Sky originally approached Jordan's father to take up the challenge but once Jordan caught wind of the competition he begged his dad to let him have a go until Marcelo yielded.

Jordan told Sky News: "I am really glad I did it because during rehearsals I injured myself, it can be quite dangerous"

Jordan's dad said after the show: "What can I say, my kid is a phenomenon and after all I did teach him everything he knows!"

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails