Pages

World's Largest Rubber Band Ball World Record set by

A Florida man hopes to make it into the record books with his massive rubber band ball.
Joel Waul has been twisting, wrapping and stretching rubber bands for years in the hope of building a record-breaking ball.

So far, Waul's efforts have created a 6-foot-tall sphere.

"The world record is 4,594 pounds, I believe," Waul said. "Mine is around 8,200 pounds."

Neighbors driving by Waul's home stop by to take a look at the ball, which sits in the front yard.

"I think it's awesome," said one woman. "It's huge. I've never seen anything like it."

Waul said it took only a couple of minutes to begin the rubber band ball.

Four years and one month later, it is a monster. Waul's huge rubber band ball has already appeared on YouTube.

Now, he hopes to win a space in the "Guinness Book Of World Records."

"I would like people to say I had the world's largest rubber band ball ever, and that they probably couldn't break theg guinness record at all, years from now, after I'm gone," Waul said.

"I'm highly proud of him," Waul's mother said. "He worked very hard."

Waul said he hopes that one day when people come to South Florida they will know that he helped to make it the rubber band ball capital of the world.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails