Pages

200 coconut breaking in 3.16 minutes records india

To set a new record, Sk Jakir (36) smashed 200 green coconuts in three minutes and 16 seconds with his elbow in Bhubaneswar on Tuesday.

Jakir claimed to have eclipsed an earlier record set by one Keshav Swain, who entered into the Limca Book of Records by breaking 76 green coconuts in one minute.

Jakir said, "It is only practice which helped me to break the green coconuts."

Law and Industries Minister B B Harichandan who was one among the witnesses said that he would urge the government to encourage such talent. "I am happy that an Oriya youth has made a record," the minister said.

"I came to know that someone is breaking green coconuts by using his hands. Therefore I thought I can also make record by doing so. Besides, I'll become popular," cheerful Jakir told reporters after completing the feat.

Keshav Swain, who had set earlier record welcomed Jakir.

The event was organized by Orissa State Judo Association here where child marathon runner Budhia Singh was trained.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails